Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well crap, I really have sucked at this whole blog thing for the last 9 months I guess with the new year I feel like i should start anew. So here we go lets pray I can keep this thing up.

I guess I can start with a recap of some of the more important things, Colt just started crawling this last week, he still hasn 't quite figured out that crawling can get him where he wants to go he will crawl for a few mins and then get mad because I am in the other room and he wants to be with me so he will start screaming. I am sure in the next few days he will become a living terror and getting into everything. A couple of weeks ago we moved him into the pack-n-play in the back room he is now sleeping through the night for some reason he just could sleep in the crib in the girls room. I am glad he decided that he could finally do it though I was going insane having to still get up 2 to 3 times a night. December has been a month of sickies, I guess i should say this fall has been full of sick kids. Colt got pneumonia the first week of October and had to be on oxygen for a week. Then a week later the girls took their turns being sick, one week at a time. November came and it was my turn with sinus infections, and I found out I have really bad tmj, which I haven't been able to get treated, due to insurance not covering it but I finally get to go in this week and get started. December was the month for ear infections colt started the first week the next week lex got bronchitis, the next week colt had another ear infection then kylee got strep after Christmas. All I can say is that I am so tired of the doctors office and sick kids.
Alexis and Kylee had their birthdays they are now 3 and 5. Alex decide this summer that she could finally be potty trained after I had given up trying with her she came to me 2 days after I was done and said she wanted to wear panties, a few days later she was good to go both day and night. That poor kid is as stubborn as both her parents put together.
The summer was full of camping trips due to the fact that we purchased a camp trailer thanks to the fact that Danny decided to sale his motorcycle. Yes he misses it sometimes but he said the trailer was so much more worth it especially since he had only rode his bike once this year before June.
The first few months of Coltons life were a little hectic, he definitely made himself known as our last child. He was super colicky, and had acid reflux, nothing we tried worked, me stopping dairy products helped minimally, but once he stopped breastfeeding and started formula he became a completely different kid. He smiles and laughs all the time instead of screaming and crying. I am so greatful for formula, it has been a lifesaver.
We put our house up on the market in August, and we are still waiting for it to sale so we can build. We hope that this new year will bring us new opportunities and it will sale.
Danny got more responsibilities at work and he is loving it, he has such a great employer!!
I have just started back to full time status this week so we can afford to pay for my tmj treatments, so we will see how well I can cope.
The girls get to start preschool next week and they are so excited, I am excited for them to get the opportunity, and I hope it will give me the motivation to exercise after I drop them off.
There are so many goals and aspirations that have come with this new year I just hope that we won't disappoint. Well enough of my rambling I hope this finds whoever reads it well.

3 comments:

Christiansen 6 said...

Life sure does get busy doesn't it. I would say you have had enough illness in your family for my family too! Where are the girls going to preschool? That should be a nice break for you. I love having Parker in preschool, even though the 2 hours goes by too quickly. Where are you going to work out? Well I hope the new year does bring you and your family many new opportunities. Love ya and wish you the best!

Danny and Kimberly said...

Erika, the girls are just going to go to the preschool that the highschool puts on Kylee really liked it last year.As for working out I am not quite sure yet, my parents have a bow flex so while the weather is still cold I will probably go there but once it gets warm I am going to outside and run my butt off, danny and I are doing the ragnar relay marathon in june.

Anonymous said...

I am glad for the update. We so need to get together this year. Alivia was so excited when she got your Christmas card and wants to go play with the girls. We just need to coordinate our schedules!