Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why do things have to get worse before they get better?

I swear enough is enough. It has been more than a week since I have even looked at this blog and the proverbial crap has hit the fan. Well Kylee had pneumonia, and so we did the whole take care of the sick child continously for almost 2 weeks, poor kid. We spent most of the week of the 21st doing house work going to meetings and getting stuff ready for girls camp and the George Reunion. The 22nd we went through all the girls camp supplies and tents to find out that the scouts were going to camp on the 28th so it was completely pointless. Then Thursday I had a meeting for work that was way to long and frustrating. Friday we did house work and got ready for the reunion, we had the hospital picnic which was alright then we went to Danny's parents house to kick off the reunion. Saturday we spent the day at the lake, I finally got to wake board for th first time this year.(Yipee!) That night we did the big family pic and talent show. By this time I was starting to feel run down, (I guess I should add that I started coughing Wednesday but didn't think to much of it.) Any way by the time I got home Saturday night I was running a fever of 101 and everything hurt even my hair. So I had Danny and his Dad give me a priesthood blessing.(thank you Danny for holding the priesthood and staying worthy.) I slept restlessly and ended up not going to church, I took it easy the rest of the weekend. Sunday night I tried to tie up some loose ends for girls camp. I had to reline up a different trailer(thanks Mitch) and double check with the scheduled priesthood leaders, but finally at this point everything was relatively lined up. We went to bed but didn't find much sleep. I kept my self and Danny up most of the night b/c I was coughing so much. Needless to say when Monday morning finally came I went to the doctor only to find out that I had gotten Kylee's pneumonia from her. So Monday was spent sleeping and taking meds. Tuesday morning I felt relatively well so I spent the morning with my sisters picking cherries so I can can them Thursday night. I was pretty spent after that so I spent most of the day sleeping again, that night I had mutual and did some more girls camp certifying then we went to Kaylynn's for root beer floats to culminate the kid's soccer season. It was nice but the day had gone on long enough, I went home and took my medicine and crashed. This morning I got up and got the girls ready, Kylee finally had her appointment with the ENT and as I suspected she is going to have surgery on the 13th of August to get her tonsils and adnoids removed. I hope all will go ok and it will help in the long run. We then went home had lunch and took naps. I had a chance to finally see to my poor garden thats been neglected this past week and got 8 green peppers, a zuchini thats huge and a bunch of peas picked, before I came to work. Work was going relatively well until Danny called to tell me that the main priesthood leader I had line up for the week at camp was no longer going to be able to go due to his wife having to surgery. So now I am in a pickle, I need to line up 3 priesthood leaders for camp with less than a week to go, and I am not sure where to start. I hope the bishopric had some luck in there search last night. Oh and one more thing that sucks I had lined up the opportunity to donate blood tomorrow but I can no longer do it thanks to this crappy pneumonia. ARGH!!! I hope I can pull this mess together and have a decent weekend and be able to provide a good experience for the girls at camp. Please pray for me and my weakness' that I will make it through. I hope when I have the chance to write again my stress will be diminished. Just remember, "This to shall pass."(Thanks Grandma.)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Sorry to hear the stresses. Hope things are getting better! Looks like you handled things well though, good job!